CDpedia 7.0 beta 306 - Edit Tabs Focus

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

CDpedia 7.0 beta 306 - Edit Tabs Focus

Post by DanThe »

Tested on an M1 MacBook Pro with macOS 14.4.1 (23E224).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open an album for editing. Note the 4 edit tabs at the top (Main, Extra, Tracks and Links).
2. Click on the Links tab.
3. Click the Next button at the bottom left of the Edit screen.

Once on the next album, the selection goes to the Main tab instead of staying on the previously selected Links tab.

This bug can also be reproduced with the Extra and Tracks tabs.

This bug is also present in Bookpedia 7.0 beta 306 and DVDpedia 7.0 beta 306.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: CDpedia 7.0 beta 306 - Edit Tabs Focus

Post by FineWine »

DanThe - I don't think this is a Bug per se. As the pedia thinks you are going to the next item entry just as you would by selecting it from the Main List View. This occurs throughout all the pedia's.

If you want to check on a particular Field or in your case, a Link, then why not activate the URL Field in the Main List View column and just scroll down to check each URL Link.

Perhaps you could suggest this as a Future Request.
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Forgot to mention that I tested this against the App Store versions that are still installed on my Mac and the focus does stay on the currently selected edit tab in this case the Links.

I often enter the artist's websites into the Links tab then copy/paste that link entry by moving forward to the next album without having to reselect the Links tab until now.

All the testing I do is always against the behaviours of the previous release version vs beta version.

Let me if this makes more sense now.

BTW. As mentioned by many in this forum, a huge thank you to Conor for first releasing the beta Apple Silicon version 7 of the apps (big surprise to all of us) and for taking the time to address some of these reported issues. I do realize as most of us do that these do not need to be addressed immediately given the hiatus status but still I believe it is important given these new releases that behavioural and things that do not work as expected need to be reported.

Thanks for the follow up FineWine.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

DanThe wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:18 pm Forgot to mention that I tested this against the App Store versions that are still installed on my Mac and the focus does stay on the currently selected edit tab in this case the Links.

I often enter the artist's websites into the Links tab then copy/paste that link entry by moving forward to the next album without having to reselect the Links tab until now.

All the testing I do is always against the behaviours of the previous release version vs beta version.

Let me if this makes more sense now.
Interesting. I have not used an app store release version for so long now. Always use the Beta's. So we will just wait and see what Conor has to say.

Cheers
DanThe
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DanThe »

Thanks FineWine for the quick acknowledgement. :D

I'm now retired but I have worked in the tech field for most of my life. So the techie in me is still very much present (i.e. development vs production).

Take care.

DanThe