CDpedia won't save

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
SteveFitz
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

CDpedia won't save

Post by SteveFitz »

I have an issue, which Apple can't help with. Due to problems I have (with their help) had to erase my hard drive and rebuild things from Time Machine. I have added an album to CDpedia today and it will mot let me save and gives the following message

Part of the path to the database file is not writable; check the permissions on /Users/stevefitzpatrick/Library/Application Support/CDpedia/Database.cdpd. Data was not saved.

Apple have checked the permissions and they are, I'm told, correct. Any ideas why the database won't save please?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: CDpedia won't save

Post by FineWine »

Check to ensure the Pedia is looking in the correct location for your database. Preferences > General > Data folder location: In normal operations the location should be: ~/Library/Application Support/********pedia and ALL those files I mention in Pedia Maintenance Practices, which you may find beneficial to read especially after such a traumatic redoing of your mac.

Specifically you might find it beneficial to delete the Pedia's Preference file found here: ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.*****pedia.plist A bare minium one will be automatically recreated when you restart the Pedia. Unfortunately you will have to redo all your Pedia settings.
SteveFitz
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: CDpedia won't save

Post by SteveFitz »

Thank you Finewine. I’m, frustratingly, away from my Mac for the next two days but I’ll give your suggestions a go on my return. Worst case I was thinking of a total deletion then a reverse sync from my iPad.