Small problem with import from DVDProfiler

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
sifu
Contributor
Contributor

Small problem with import from DVDProfiler

Post by sifu »

Hi!
I just bought DVDpedia and CDpedia. I both found it while I was looking for a inventory manager for the iPhone. And the combination DVDpedia and Pocketpedia ist just great :D
DVDpedia imports the xml file with covers with no problem, but i noticed that the media type (i.e. DVD, HD DVD, Blu Ray) is not imported.
Refreshing the informations would be ok but the information which is downloaded is not the right one (i.e. a HD DVD movie is recognized as an DVD).
Is it an import problem or do i have to do it differently? Can i manually customize the import process?

I really love the programs. But the best thing is the combination with Pocketpedia :mrgreen:

Best regards
Heinz
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Small problem with import from DVDProfiler

Post by Conor »

Welcome to DVDpedia. If you could please email us your DVD Profiler XML file we can update the importer to include the media information. At the moment the refreshing information does not take into account the media, so you might still get the cover for the regular DVD version instead of the Blu-ray. By updating the information from inside the edit window with the gear button on the lower right you will get the opportunity to select the correct format result. We will look at including the media into the refresh information lookup, but it means rewriting the code to be more flexible, which will take a while. Having your media on the go in Pocketpedia is a great plus, very happy you find it useful.
sifu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sifu »

Hi Conor,

thanks for the reply. I just sent you an email with a zipped xml file.
Thanks for the info!

Best regards
Heinz
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the file (that was quick). Download the beta of DVDpedia and you will find the media information included during the import (15 Blu-ray, 41 HD DVD and 721 normal DVDs).
sifu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sifu »

Now that´s a quick support! Thanks it worked like a charm :D