Typo in "add another copy?" dialogue

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.

What's your view on the "Do wish" problem?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:47 am

I think it's a dealbreaker.
No votes
I noticed it but am ashamed to admit it.
No votes
What?
100%

Total votes: 2

rickl
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Typo in "add another copy?" dialogue

Post by rickl »

I've seen numerous improvements in Bookpedia since I first started using it, and had been hoping some of the smaller, not terribly important errors might be picked up along the way. But I can keep silent no longer! The dialogue that greets a user trying to add a book to a collection, when that book already exists elsewhere in the library, says "Do wish to...", where presumably it means "Do you wish to...". I'm hoping this mistake, which might have devastating consequences when combined with the approaching Y3K problem, can be rectified soon.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Typo in "add another copy?" dialogue

Post by Conor »

The devil is in the details. It's now fixed in the beta and will be included with the next update. I even made it more refined with "Would you like", wishing to add another copy might have been too strong a sentiment for such a dialog.

Without counting the user interface there are 450 lines, 2919 words that need to be translated into German, French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch. After working with so many languages even the original English might suffer an accident and letters go MIA. We appreciate you pointing them out. If there are others speak up, otherwise standing at the brink of Y3K unimaginable consequences loom.