eBook cataloging

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
TVGuy
Contributor
Contributor

eBook cataloging

Post by TVGuy »

Yes, the dreadful word 'e-book' has finally entered my vocabulary.

Never thought it would come to this, but I actually enjoy reading e-books on my iPhone (I use the free Stanza application). I now find that I can choose from any number of books at any given time and digest a chapter or two while waiting for the bank teller or for my car to be washed. It's liberating.

All a long-winded opening for another feature request. Currently, as I understand it, a PDF document can be logged as a library item in Bookpedia. I am wondering if the ability to log other e-books (particularly the epub format, in my case) to the library?

My e-books (in the aforementioned epub format) already have tags and cover images attached. So it would be great to just drag these into the library as if they were normal books and have everything go to its proper field.

You folks have done a marvelous job and I love your products. Keep up the fine work!

- tvguy
Conor
Top Dog

Re: eBook cataloging

Post by Conor »

Sorry for the delay in answering, I been working this past few days to add your request. We love open standards, so we are all about epub format. Try out the beta, it will have a epub e-book importing. Drag a .epub file over the Bookpedia icon and it will create a new book with the information from the file as well as including the link as part of the book. The next step I am working on is handling the epub link in the info view directly, making Bookpedia an epub reader.
TVGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: eBook cataloging

Post by TVGuy »

Fantastic news. Thank you!!!