Smart Collection using Any Read Date

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Melanie

Smart Collection using Any Read Date

Post by Melanie »

I have created smart collections to organize the books I read by month and year (A year folder, with a smart collection for each month contained within). This works well using the Last Read Date. However, if I re-read a book and edit the book's record to reflect the new read date, the book will now be removed from its original smart collection and be placed in the new one for the new "last read" date collection. On the flip side, if I do not record the new read date, then the month in which I re-read the book does not correctly reflect what I read.

There's a "Last Read History" feature that records all read dates. I would suggest adding the ability to use any of those read dates in building a Smart Collection.

Thanks!

Melanie
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Smart Collection using Any Read Date

Post by Conor »

It was easier to treat all the sets equally for the smart collections. So when it sees a set it always searches for the name attribute of that relationship. Hence there is any last read comment but no any last read date. I have added your feature request but it require a whole different setup, so it might take quite some time.
Melanie

Re: Smart Collection using Any Read Date

Post by Melanie »

Thanks! I look forward to it, at whatever point it may show up.

Melanie