multiple countries?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
kevindosi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

multiple countries?

Post by kevindosi »

i'm just curious as to where dvdpedia pulls its country information from. a lot of my entries say things like "Germany, France, USA, Canada" for the country, when the movie clearly came from the USA. I can only think of a couple of cases where I would want the Country field to have more than one entry in it. Is there any way to remedy this, other than manually?

The reason I ask this is because I'd like to be able to organize by country. I'd like to export a csv file, for instance, and see all the movies from France. DVDPedia is telling me that Frost vs Nixon came from France, USA, UK, so it's showing up among the results.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: multiple countries?

Post by Nora »

The information depends on the site you used for searching but in the case of 'Frost/Nixon' the information must have come from IMDb since it has 'USA, UK, France' listed as the countries. The movie is a joint production, including Working Title and Studio Canal (British and French producers respectively) which is why the countries are listed on IMDb.

If you want to whittle the information down to the main country though, you can use the multiple edit window to do this in batches to speed things up. For example, select all the movies that you want to be listed as 'USA' and choose edit. That'll open the multiple edit window where you can check the box next to the Country field and leave it blank. (That's the first step, to delete all the countries.) Then open the multiple edit window again and write 'USA' into the country field. After that all the selected movies will have only 'USA' as their country.