Clarification ref. database folder to move

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Cintra

Clarification ref. database folder to move

Post by Cintra »

I am moving my Bookpedia database to my Time Capsule Data folder so I can access it both from my iMac and Macbook Air, but I'm unclear just how much to move.. i.e. the whole Bookpedia folder from Application support or just the database.pediadata file?

Could someone pls advise asap? Thanks

Edit: I think I can answer my own question now, as I moved the whole Bookpedia folder to my Time capsule, and its working from both machines OK. So is the wishlist feature :)

One question about using the Bruji wishlist to buy from Amazon and "mark as bought" - does buying books this way benefit Bruji?

I seem to remember reading that somewhere..
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Clarification ref. database folder to move

Post by Conor »

As you found out you have to move the whole folder as the covers are not part of the .pediadata file but are in a sub folder.

Using the 'open Amazon for selection' command or clicking on the title in the info view that opens up an Amazon page using the link provided to us by Amazon that has our associate tag. Amazon gives us a small percentage of any sale initiated that way as gift certificates. So if you remember to use Bookpedia instead of going directly to Amazon before shopping it's a nice bonus for us at the end of the month. Amazon does not reveal anything personal details to associates so you need not worry about divulging any information. The 'mark as bought' command does nothing special but move the book into the regular library from the wish list.