Collectorz Flic - how can I get it to work?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Clancey

Collectorz Flic - how can I get it to work?

Post by Clancey »

I am seriously considering switching to your fine programs since the Collectorz people are charging $10 for *their* iphone app. Plus, they charge an arm and a leg for upgrades. I was able to get my Collectorz data base into your app by importing to DVDpedia - it was a snap.

Anyway, I have been trying to get the Flic scanner I bought from them to work, but can't make it work. I tried without installing the driver Collectorz supply, then installed it and when it didn't work those ways, I opened Movie Collectorz and initialized the scanner from that program. With the program open, it worked with Movie Collectorz but not your program. I closed the other program and tried scanning into DVDpedia then and nothing. I am not technically proficient, so I have used my last option. Any experience with this setup and how do I get it to work? I've had the scanner for a couple of years and it is the Serial to USB version.

I tried finding something on the Flic site, but all of their stuff is PC and I am Mac...
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Collectorz Flic - how can I get it to work?

Post by Conor »

Open the find window and then scan a movie. The scanner should send the barcode like a regular keyboard input followed by a return (new line) that should start the search. If that works and you want to scan several movies you can use the add multiple under the edit menu. Otherwise, to trouble shoot the scanner try getting it to work in TextEdit. This simplifies things for debugging as the scanned barcodes should appear in the new blank document. It could be your scanner has been set in a specific way and needs to be reset, you can do so by scanning barcodes from your instruction booklet that came with the scanner or printing it out from competitors website. We have the Bluetooth version of the Flic that works natively with the Pedias, so we don't have experience with the tethered USB version.