Using the uidNaming meta tag with HTML exports

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
caseelse
Captain
Captain

Using the uidNaming meta tag with HTML exports

Post by caseelse »

Hello again,

I've got another small question I wanted to ask you. In DVDpedia I'm using the "uidNaming" meta tag in multiple HTML exports in order to create separate pages for various categories:

Code: Select all

<meta name="uidNaming" content="yes" />
At the end of each export DVDpedia tries to display the exported HTML page and it always looks for a file named "index.html". However, due to the uidNaming method the main file is not called "index.html" but is named after the collection ID. So I always get a "page not found" error in my browser.

To be honest, this is not really a big deal because I need to rename my HTML files anyway to cater for the structure of my exported pages. It just would be nice if I could either deactivate the attempt to display the file (to speed up things) or if DVDpedia tried to open the HTML file that was actually created during export. (Actually, what would be best for my purposes, if the file name were identical to the collection name, for example "scifi.html" if the collection name is "scifi".)

Thanks for having a quick peek but, please, don't spend too much time on this.
All the best
Holger
Last edited by caseelse on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Using the uidNaming meta tag with HTML exports

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report. We meant the UID naming to be used as an optional export as in the details and not the main export, but you are correct that it should work that way as well. I will fix it for next version so that DVDpedia detects the setting and displays the correct page.
caseelse
Captain
Captain

Re: Using the uidNaming meta tag with HTML exports

Post by caseelse »

Hi Conor,

Thanks for your quick response. I had just edited my original post when I noticed that you had already replied to it. Man, you're fast :shock:

For my purposes it would be great if the file name was identical to the collection name, for example "scifi.html" if the collection name is "scifi". Then I could just copy the file across to my main folder and wouldn't have to rename it first.
If you want to have a look at what I cooked up:
http://www.loddeke.net/filmregal/

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this!!
cheers
Holger