[DVDpedia] display search type in toolbar search field

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[DVDpedia] display search type in toolbar search field

Post by sjk »

I'd like to suggest that the current criteria for the toolbar search (e.g. All Fields, Columns Shown, Title, et.al.) be displayed in the field when it's otherwise empty. That would make it unnecessary to click the search arrow to view the current setting in the menu if deciding whether or not to change it. Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: [DVDpedia] display search type in toolbar search field

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the good idea, will try it out. Normally it's displayed in the text but you must obviously be using the toolbar without the descriptive text.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Actually I've got the toolbar descriptive text visible but never noticed it changing to identify the current search field type. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Guess I'm so used to it staying the same in other apps. :)

So the suggestion is less important for me now though it would still be useful if the other toolbar descriptive text is hidden.
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by thajeztah »

Safari shows the current search-engine in the search field. I agree that this might be a nice way to show the current search field. It also 'cleans up' the toolbar a bit