table columns for new collections

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
BrennanBones
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

table columns for new collections

Post by BrennanBones »

Is there a way to have a default table view? By that, I mean, I have my library set up with the table columns that I want. Is there a way, whenever I add a new collection, to have those columns be the columns in the new collection, instead of the current default ones? I know I can change them one by one... just looking to see if there's a way that it can be automatic whenever I add a new collection...

Thanks.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: table columns for new collections

Post by sjk »

Related suggestion:

Make at least File > New Collection From Selection inherit the active columns from the currently selected collection. I wouldn't mind if New Collection and New Smart Collection also inherited active columns.

Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Set up your collection the way you like it, with the columns in the order you want and then choose 'Make Columns Default' from the View menu. Now that's your default configuration for the table view. Any new collection you create will have this setup now and any old collection you have for which you'd like to use the same, select it and choose 'Apply Default Columns' from the same View menu.
BrennanBones
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by BrennanBones »

Thank you!!!
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

That was helpful, Nora -- thanks! And I'm usually more attentive for those things. :)

I'd still like if columns were inherited for File > New Collection From Selection inherit the active columns, analogous to how File > New Playlist from Selection in iTunes.