PocketPedia - Data & Sort issue

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
nexus006

PocketPedia - Data & Sort issue

Post by nexus006 »

Hello, Pocket Pedia is absolutly great, that's exactly the application i was looking for.
However, when syncing bookpedia on my ipod touch, the data displaed is: the cover, the author, the title.
No series name.

Being a european comics collector (bandes dessinées), Series Name is vital if I want the software to be useful.
And I'd like not to have to go through all the data to add the series in the title.

Is there any hidden (or future) option to select the data to display ?
Is there a way to searchwithin my bookpedia library (no amazon) ?

Thank you for your feedback,
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia - Data & Sort issue

Post by Conor »

We do want to implement an internal search (filter) feature, we did not have time to add that for the 1.0. The series information is displayed under the details for the comic. I do understand that for comics, the series is as important as the title, but there is no way at the moment to get that into the collection view, maybe in the future will be able to make it an option as you mention. Thank you for the suggestions.
ben42

Re: PocketPedia - Comics issue

Post by ben42 »

Hi all,

Thanks for PocketPedia, I was waiting it for a long time. I use it along with Bookpedia/iBédé and they make together a great solution for comics readers.

Just one thing is missing : a serie view.

When having many hundred of comics (500 in my case, but I know people with more than 3000 comics), it takes a long time to scroll the entire list. And most of the time we want to go directly to a serie.
Search feature is not a good solution because it implies to input data. I'd like a serie list view : serie list view (ordered on serie title) --> book list view for this serie (same as today, but only for the current serie)--> book view (same as today).

Regards,
bobino
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by bobino »

hi,
next release of iBédé http://www.nenuphar-development.com/news/ will give you the opportunity to automaticaly create a collection for each serie in Bookpedia, by the way in pocketPedia 2.
Of course, a more integrated feature in Bookpedia and pocketPedia would be huge ! :D
ben42

Post by ben42 »

Hi Bobino,

Thanks for your work. I'm waiting "de pied ferme".

Bye.