impact of a power cut

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jpcorwin

impact of a power cut

Post by jpcorwin »

I was a "victim" of a power cut while bookpedia mas opened. When I restarted the computer and relaunched bookpedia, my gallery was entirely empty.
How can I retrieve all my library ?

thank you !

Jorge
Nora
Site Admin

Re: impact of a power cut

Post by Nora »

Hi Jorge,

I'm not sure how it a power cut could have had an impact on your Bookpedia data since everything is saved automatically as soon as an entry is added to the database. But in any case, by default the Bookpedia data folder is located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia. Check that this folder is there and that inside there is a file called Database.pediadata. If that file is very small in size (around 50K) then check the size of the backup.pediadata files in that same folder. (There should be 3, depending on how long you've had the program.) If any of those backup files are larger than 50K, double-click that file to start Bookpedia and the database will automatically be loaded.

Nora
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Nora wrote:Hi Jorge,

I'm not sure how it a power cut could have had an impact on your Bookpedia data since everything is saved automatically as soon as an entry is added to the database.
Nora
Hi Nora. I was unfortunate enough to have the power go off at *exactly* the same moment as I clicked OK when adding an entry to my DVDpedia database - it was almost as if the action of clicking the button had triggered the power cut, and when I rebooted I had a similar problem to the OP. My database was corrupted. It's a one in a million chance this would happen of course. Time Machine was my friend that day.

Kind Regards,

Keith
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

kbarnes70 wrote:Time Machine was my friend that day.
And a UPS could be your friend on another day. :)
jpcorwin

Post by jpcorwin »

thank you Nora !

It works ! (I was afraid to start my scanning again !)

FYI : my file was about 1,7 M but when I selected It it library was still empty (I had to find another file in Time machine backup file was too old)

Thank you again.