DVD Pedia - Tab Backwards?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
bgdawes
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVD Pedia - Tab Backwards?

Post by bgdawes »

First - OUTSTANDING PRODUCT!!!! I love your software!

Second - this is a dumb random question but I was wondering if there is anyway to 'reverse' tab through the fields in the Add/Edit window. I'm re-organizing my entire collection and there are times when I need to go back a few data fields in the edit window. I picked up some great keyboard shortcuts here: Home > Contents > Shortcuts and tips > Keyboard shortcuts. However, I can't find out how to simply tab 'backward' - on the other hand I'm not certain if this keyboard shortcut even exists.

Thanks again!
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVD Pedia - Tab Backwards?

Post by sjk »

Maybe Shift-Tab does what you want?
bgdawes
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by bgdawes »

Shift - Tab does exactly what I want - thanks so much SJK!!! I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this for some reason. I tried Control Tab, Option Tab, Command Tab but for some reason never checked Shift Tab. Thanks again,
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

It's the standard shortcut for backward navigation between fields in many apps. Try it. :)
bgdawes
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by bgdawes »

Yep, just tried shift-tab in Excel on my PC at work and the command moved the active cell to the left.

Man, I feel like a complete moron! :oops:

Regardless, thanks for the help!
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

To qualify as a complete moron might mean still not having discovered Tab key usage for field navigation and you're definitely further along than that. :D

Glad to help you learn a solution for your problem.
bgdawes
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by bgdawes »

HAHA! Thanks again SJK for both the laugh and the help. I appreciate your insight and agree - it's nice to not be a complete idiot; the distinction makes being your normal 'standard issue' idiot a little easier to swallow. :lol:
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Thanks for catching my intended humor. Btw, I certainly didn't/don't think of you as an idiot… complete or 'standard issue'. :lol:
bgdawes
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by bgdawes »

sjk - thanks again; I totally got your joke and definitely did not think you were calling me out as an idiot - however you would have been right if you honestly did intend to label me as such. I can't believe I didn't know that shortcut! :oops:

I just finished reorganizing my entire collection - 1,250 entries!!!! If it weren't for your 'shift-tab' tip plus 'command-N' I probably would have been editing my DVDPedia well in to 2011.

Thanks again!!!
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Maybe we can agree the "idiots" are people who stubbornly refuse to use (Shift-)Tab, clumsily fumbling with the mouse instead, even after being shown the efficiency of the keyboard shortcuts a dozen times? :D

This might be a helpful reference for you:

Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts