Import book information from calibre

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
perdox
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Import book information from calibre

Post by perdox »

Hello there.

I would like to import my ebook collection into Bookpedia from calibre. I read an article in this forum that said to drag the books onto the bookpedia icon. That worked to a certain extent.

The Title, Author, Date Modified, Format columns in Bookpedia show the metadata but the Series column and the Tags column don't, even though the books in calibre do contain metadata in these fields.

In this article: http://www.bruji.com/support/kb/index.p ... artlang=en

an xml file is mentioned so I thought I would try that since calibre is able to export the selected books into an xml file. When I tried to import the xml file into Bookpedia I got a 'File format not recognised' error. Why can an xml file from Delicious be imported but not the one from calibre. Isn't one xml file the same as another?

Thanks in advance.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Import book information from calibre

Post by Conor »

Although you solved the issue do please send us a sample copy of the XML export and we can look at including that importer for the future. Although XML does share a standard syntax almost every program uses it differently, hence importers have to be specifically written for each program.