DVDPedia Won't Download

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
cindyjk

DVDPedia Won't Download

Post by cindyjk »

I'm trying to download 2 movies from IMDB; I KNOW they exist in the database, but DVDPedia won't find them. I tried putting the url of the specific title I want, and that didn't help. I then added it manually, putting in title, year, director, and one of the stars; still can't download the details. I'm a newbie (as if you didn't know) - how do I get DVDPedia to download a title when the program can't find it? Thank you.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: DVDPedia Won't Download

Post by Nora »

What's the movie you're trying to download? If you could give me the title or URL so we can try it out here, that'd be great.
cindyjk

Post by cindyjk »

First one was "The Stranger", the 1946 version with Orson Wells & Edward G. Robinson. The 2nd is "Everything Must Go", the new Will Ferrell movie. Both are in the IMDB. I am using the Pedia to keep track of the movies I have seen, not necessarily those that I own on DVD.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the samples. The beta version 74 of DVDpedia will give better results for searches, so you will have to browse less in the results list to find the actual titles. Both searches "The Stranger" and "Everything Must Go" they should be the first results now. If you know the 7 digit IMDb number it can be set under the "IMDb" field in the extras tab and using the gear button on the bottom right to select IMDb will result in a direct match.
cindyjk

Post by cindyjk »

I'm not too familiar with beta versions. Is this something that will replace my existing version, and will I have to pay for it again? Or do I just download and install, and my license rights will carry over? ThanksQ
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The beta is a separate version, it will not replace the DVDpedia you're running right now. Your data is kept in a separate location from the application so downloading and running different versions of the program will not affect it. Your registration will work as usual, including in the beta.