How to still fill in my database from Amazon

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

How to still fill in my database from Amazon

Post by PascalB »

Hello,

Congratulations for your V.5.
I am a little bit lost, some things are strange (why first name and surname are separated ?) but after some days I hope it should be OK.

My problem is that there is only one site to download CD informations in french (Alapge) but it don't recognize CD from iSight and don't find any information. How to still use Amazon to download informations, it is the only serious site to have good informations ?

Thank you,

Pascal
Nora
Site Admin

Re: How to still fill in my database from Amazon

Post by Nora »

Thanks for the feedback Pascal. The author field should display your authors in a little blue bubble, one author per bubble. If that's not the case for you, force the program to re-do the update of the database file so you can choose the correct author listing (Lastname, Firstname or Firstname Lastname). To force the program to do this, delete the new data file (Database.bookpd) for version 5 while Bookpedia is not running and when you restart, the program will update the old data file once more and you can choose the correct author display. You'll find the file in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.bookpd. If you're on Lion, it hides the Library folder by default so to go to your Bookpedia data folder you have to use the Finder's 'Go' menu, select 'Go to Folder' and copy paste ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia into the window that appears.

The Amazon connection is still there but you have to sign up for it, the programs don't connect to the sites automatically anymore. To sign up, go into the Preferences/Sites and press the 'Amazon Settings' button and follow the steps outlined here:
http://www.bruji.com/help/cdpedia/addin ... tml#amazon

I don't know how well some of the other new sites work in terms of French music but do give them a try as well such as Wikipedia, Freebase and MusicBrainz. Doghouse is still growing since it's built on user contributions but as more users start sharing their data (in all languages), that'll become a great resource as well.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Many thanks for your prompt reply :!:

Concerning Amazon, everything works well now. Apparently, to obtain CD informations from iSight, this is the only way... :?

Concerning the names, I can't access to the dedicated folder. My OS is in french, library = Bibliothèque and I'm using CDpedia so the path should be : ~/Bibliothèque/Application Support/CDpedia :?:

EDIT : I find the right path, I remove the database.cdpd and re-open CDpedia but no change :?
First names and surnames are still in two separate blue bubbles :?: :?: :?:
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

PascalB wrote:EDIT : I find the right path, I remove the database.cdpd and re-open CDpedia but no change :?
First names and surnames are still in two separate blue bubbles :?: :?: :?:
Please, do not forget me :mrgreen:

How can I have a correct author display with Lastname, Fistname or Firstname, Lastname in the same bubble instead of Firstnam and Lastname separated in two different bubble :(
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Please send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your data here. If you have a large database, archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks! You'll find our email on the Support page.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Nora wrote:Please send us your Database.pediadata file so we can take a look at your data here. If you have a large database, archive the file before sending it to save space. (Select it and choose 'Archive' or 'Compress' from the File menu. That'll create a new file called 'Database.pediadata.zip' which you can then attach to the email.) Thanks! You'll find our email on the Support page.
Thanks, I sent it to you :wink:
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Everything works well now, thank you for your help !

Just a last question, where can I choose between (Firstname, Lastname) and (Lastname, Firstname) ?

Thanks again and congratulations for the great job you did and you do on your Pedia Softwares :!:
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The display is always the same now: Firstname Lastname. But you can flip between sorting by first name or last by holding down the Option key and re-sorting the Artist column.
PascalB
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by PascalB »

Nora wrote:The display is always the same now: Firstname Lastname. But you can flip between sorting by first name or last by holding down the Option key and re-sorting the Artist column.
OK, thank you :!: