silent Verify Database results?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

silent Verify Database results?

Post by sjk »

After running Option-Help > Verify Database my DVDpedia Library collection had two less entries, but there was no indication of which entries were removed or any other feedback from the command. I'm looking for help to decide whether that's safe to ignore or if there's any reason to figure out which entries those were by comparing with a backup. Thanks!
Nora
Site Admin

Re: silent Verify Database results?

Post by Nora »

That's strange, the Verify Database command doesn't delete entries. (There's no 'delete' command anywhere in the code for this feature.) If it had found any orphaned entries it would have moved them into an excluded collection for you to review.
Send us your most recent Database.dvdpd backup so we can check it out here to make sure no entries get deleted.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: silent Verify Database results?

Post by sjk »

Nora wrote:Send us your most recent Database.dvdpd backup so we can check it out here to make sure no entries get deleted.
Thanks for the offer, but I exported and compared pre/post-verify text versions of the Library collection and nothing was missing in the latter so I'm satisfied that the database is okay. Maybe I was mistaken about the entry count, seeing two "extra" entries that weren't really there. ;)