Kindle, iBook

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
stephanottoschmidt
Inductee
Inductee

Kindle, iBook

Post by stephanottoschmidt »

Just in case it was not addressed before:
Is there any chance, to import ebooks from Kindle and/or iBook directly ?

KR+THX

Stephan

PS: I have read the Kindle-posts from 2009....
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Kindle, iBook

Post by Conor »

The Kindle continue to remain quite unlikely due to the proprietary format.

iBooks we have to update to make it less steps, but you should be able to import them by doing an XML export from iTunes under File->Library->Export and then dragging that file over Bookpedia dock icon to import it.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Conor wrote:The Kindle continue to remain quite unlikely due to the proprietary format.

iBooks we have to update to make it less steps, but you should be able to import them by doing an XML export from iTunes under File->Library->Export and then dragging that file over Bookpedia dock icon to import it.
Conor you do not have to do a XML export. I just high light each or how ever many books in iTunes "Books" and drag and drop straight to the Bookpedia dock icon.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I just high light each or how ever many books in iTunes "Books" and drag and drop straight to the Bookpedia dock icon.
Thank you for pointing that out. I forget how awesome Bookpedia is. You are correct that it can read the information directly off the epub file. With more than half a million lines of code written I long ago forgot half the things The Pedias are capable of.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Conor wrote:
I forget how awesome Bookpedia is. You are correct that it can read the information directly off the epub file. With more than half a million lines of code written I long ago forgot half the things The Pedias are capable of.
Half a million lines of code - no wonder the Pedia's are such great programs. Even great physicists stumble over a lost atom or two sometimes, so you forgetting a particular line of code or minor program function is very forgivable.

Cheers