Pasting cover image instead of dragging

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Pasting cover image instead of dragging

Post by teacher24_70 »

Am I missing the obvious somewhere. I'd like to be able to PASTE a cover image in the appropriate window in the Pedias. It allows me to DRAG an image in, but it won't allow a simple paste.

The reason that this is an issue is that an old program that I used (am converting from--it already has most of the correct cover art images) won't allow me to DRAG an image from its window into the Pedia window. It WILL allow me to "copy", but Pedia won't let me paste.

Does this make sense? Is there a work-a-round or is this an unintentional bug? I sure would like to be able to click to select the window and then paste right into it.
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Pasting cover image instead of dragging

Post by KiplingCat »

teacher24_70 wrote:
Does this make sense?
Not in the least. :roll:
Is there a work-a-round or is this an unintentional bug? I sure would like to be able to click to select the window and then paste right into it.

You could paste the image into GraphicConverter, select the image (or a portion of it if you prefer) with the selection tool, and drag the selected image (or portion) to the cover art window.

Kind of clunky and begs for improvement.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

I figured out a work-around. Not as simple as copy/paste, but still fairly quick. DVD Cache lets me right click and choose "reveal file in finder". I could then easily drag and drop from there.

Sorry the explanation didn't make sense. I was just moving from one program that wouldn't allow drag and drop (would allow copy/paste) and into another program that was the exact opposite.
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by KiplingCat »

I'm still shopping programs. In what respect(s) do you think pedia is better than Cache? Other than the features already posted (auto selection of some fields on import and ability to paste images) what, if anything, are you going to miss from DVD Cache?
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by teacher24_70 »

The only thing I've seen so far is the lack of importing DVD special features. I'm not sure how Cache was set up to do it, but Pedia doesn't seem to be doing it. BUT, I could very well be missing something. Others very well could have gotten this to work.

I like the Pedia because I owned Bookpedia for about a year and a half and I like the idea of having the two matching programs--when some things are updated, they'll more than likely be updated in both things. The copy/paste thing will no longer be an issue--adding NEW images will be easy as I can drag/drop from webpages. It was just trying to move over the ones that I'd ALREADY put into Cache.

I LOVE being able to attach links of various kinds to the DVD--either websites, trailers, or books from Bookspedia.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

An little known technique for setting cover images is to use the internal web view. By ctrl clicking you can use the "go to site.." to browse the web or google images. Then ctrl clicking on a image will let you select "set as cover image". You can do this with selected text for summaries and link and pages to add them to a links section. I personally prefer to drag and drop from Safari, but to each his own.
KiplingCat
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by KiplingCat »

The ability to paste would be most useful for those covers which cannot be found on the web and must be scanned. This is most often the case with out of print videos and DVDs.
live4ever
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by live4ever »

Another way to drag into DVDPedia is to grab the icon at the top of the window (of say GIMP or Photoshop or whatever you scanned into).