Video_TS Problems

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jeremymc7
Contributor
Contributor

Video_TS Problems

Post by jeremymc7 »

Having problems trying to get playback of the Video_TS files. The menu options skip right over the play icon. All the files are linked. I can't find a setting for default player. IE VLC. Am I missing something?
JoshFink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: Video_TS Problems

Post by JoshFink »

jeremymc7 wrote:Having problems trying to get playback of the Video_TS files. The menu options skip right over the play icon. All the files are linked. I can't find a setting for default player. IE VLC. Am I missing something?
When you go to link the file are you linking the VIDEO_TS directory or the Main directory?

You need the link the actual VIDEO_TS directory itself.

Josh
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

If you make the type of link 'movie' or 'video_ts' then DVDpedia will think it's a movie and should let you hit the play button. But as Josh said, when you link the actual VIDEO_TS folder the program will do this automatically for you.
sweetsc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sweetsc »

I just downloaded the demo of dvdpedia and have the same problem. I cannot get a movie to play from full screen. I have the movie linked to the video_ts folder.

link is /dvds/movie/video_ts

Do i have to d/l the full version for the movie link button to work?

thank you

Chris

p.s. im a rookie when it comes to macs...
sweetsc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sweetsc »

sorry dbl post
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

sweetsc - can you send us a dcard of the entry that's not playing the movie so we can take a look at the data? You can create a dcard by selecting the entry in the table view and dragging it out to your desktop. That'll create a file that you can easily attach to an email. (And no, you don't need the full version for the movie link to work - the demo version is fully functional.)
sweetsc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sweetsc »

What email address do i need to send it to?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You will find the email address on our support page. I didn't write it here to avoid spam.
sweetsc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sweetsc »

n/m on the play not working. I just fixed that.

Next question, how do I get it to play DVDS with vlc player instead of apple dvd player automaticly?

Thanks

chris
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Excellent. Now to switch to VLC open up Terminal and run this line:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia "VLC for VIDEO_TS" -bool YES
That is it you are done but if you want even more control over what happens you can modify the AppleScript is uses located inside the program at DVDpedia.app/Contents/Frameworks/Pediabase.framework/Resources/DVDPlayer.applescript. The script includes the VLC commands commented out to get you started. You have to switch the preferences back by using NO instead of YES at the end to go back to using the script. The first solution is better in that it's a preference and will not be affected by updates; if you change the script make a copy as you would need to replace it after updates.

There is a more detail discussion about the content of the script here.
sweetsc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sweetsc »

Thanks! Works Great.

I think I have 1 final question for a while.

I have dug through most all the old posts, but have no come up with a solution to this.

How do i make DVDPedia load in full screen on startup.
On bootup i have set for DVDPedia to load. I have also followed the steps of closing DVDPedia in full screen. It will open in full screen when i click the icon, but not when the computer starts. It will just open in the list view.

Thanks!

Chris
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

In order for DVDpedia to capture the screen it has to be the front most application. So do not check the "hide" box in the login items and put it at the end of the list for good measure. The only problem I had was that the mouse, at computer startup, is by default in the menu area and so the menu shows. I have fixed that for the next version; the mouse is moved into the lower left when launching in full screen.
sweetsc
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sweetsc »

Thanks for the PM, that worked perfectly!

Chris