HTML template

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
carmenm
Contributor
Contributor

HTML template

Post by carmenm »

Hi,

i starting to play with the html info view and i have a questions :

- The producers field might have multiple names separated by commas. I would each name to link to their imdb page. Can i do that using html?

- Is there a way using html or by doing a plugin to have, when you hover a actor name a field, with a little resume on the actor like the plugin imdb preview"http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=408043 for firefox does?

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The program does not have the links to the producers. You could manually add them to the links section. Also to automatically link the producer's name it could be done creating an info view that uses a search based on the producers name for the link; however this would only work for entries with one producer, otherwise they would search for all the producers at once.
The same technique to create links for the producers could be used for the actors, which are separate. The change to the info view would be to add the following link to [credits:name]

Code: Select all

<a href="http://imdb.com/find?s=nm&q=[credits:name]">[credits:name]</a>
Any plug-in that works under Safari should work in DVDpedia. I don't know if there is a similar plug-in available for Safari.
carmenm
Contributor
Contributor

Post by carmenm »

I did the link feature for credits. Now i am trying to have javascript work with info templates.
First is it possible?
second if i put

<script src="overlay.js"></script>
where the file overlay.js must be?
Third, if all that work can i access the current opened web page of the info view with window in javascript?

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

JavaScript will work; some of the templates in the extras section are a good example of this as they have sections that expand and collapse with JavaScript. Assuming your are placing your own info templates in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/InfoTemplates the javascript file would also go in there so that it's in the same folder as the template and hence linked relatively. However I would drop it into the Images folder in that folder so that it does not appear as an option in the style menu; the link would then be:

<script src="Images/overlay.js"></script>
You should be able to use window variable as the info view is not in it's own window but it's in it's own special container that must likely responds to window.