Search of a movie across multiple collections

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Search of a movie across multiple collections

Post by lannp »

My movies are grouped into different selections. My DVDPedia database is created by "importing" different collections. In Full Screen mode, the movies are displayed for a given selection and a search only searches this particular collection, but not the other collections in the database.

Can a search be done across all collections that have been imported to the DVDPedia database?
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

My recollection (could be wrong) is that imported collections are by default not added to the main library.

There is an "include collection in library" item under the file menu.

You still keep your collections after doing this.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The search in full screen mode works just as in the regular view - it only searches whichever collection you have currently selected. If all your entries are part of the Library collection than you can search everything there. And danco is right - imported collections are by default placed in library-independent collections so you can check that the import went well before making the entries part of your library via the menu command under the File menu.
lannp
Captain
Captain

That did it

Post by lannp »

Thank you, that did it for me! I just found another small bug in DVDPedia 4.1.1 and am reporting it to the report side.