Adding tags in Pedias

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
celtoslavica
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Adding tags in Pedias

Post by celtoslavica »

Is there a way, either in tags, themes (for BookPedia) or genre, to add key words for several entries without altering or deleting already existing entries?

For example I have three books tagged Buddhism and two Islam, and now I want to add the tag "Afghanistan" to all five.

Cheers
Markus
celtoslavica
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by celtoslavica »

Super-cool would be a feature to create a tag automatically from within an intelligent collection. For example, I have created an intelligent collection called "Afghanistan". When I am in the collection, I add a new book and by adding, the tag "Afghanistan" is created.
Or tags are created by dragging or dropping an entry on a collection.

Markus
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Tagging and collections are closely related in that they perform some of the same grouping functions. One of the reasons we didn't implement tags earlier was because collections gives you a way of sorting entries like you would with tags. But the feedback was that users wanted tags, maybe the varied number of possible tags is so great that it's better to use tags than collections for grouping. Thanks for the ideas; to answer your question it is not possible with this version to add a tag to a group of books without replacing the current tags.