[DVDpedia] easier rating update

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
bwschultz

[DVDpedia] easier rating update

Post by bwschultz »

I believe it's been discussed here a few times before but I'm looking for an easier way to update the rating column in dvdpedia. When I add a movie, I use the Amazon information which works really well. The problem is that will add the amazon rating which I find less desirable than the IMDB rating. So I believe the current solution is to delete the entry in the rating column and then do a "get advanced info from IMDB" to get the IMDB rating in that column. I wish that process could be streamlined somehow. Even if it were possible to delete all ratings from a group of movies and then do the get advanced info request, the update time would be quicker. Perhaps there is some idea that I am missing. Please let me know if there is a better solution. Thanks for your help!
TheMatador
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: [DVDpedia] easier rating update

Post by TheMatador »

I also prefer the IMDB rating. Ergo, I add the movies with IMDB settings. Why should you add movies from Amazon. The only reason I could imagine would be, if you prefer to get the infos in your language. Ok that would be nice.
bwschultz

Post by bwschultz »

The IMDB settings don't do very well with a lot of television shows in particular. I always found the amazon information to be more complete. I'd really like a hybrid of the two with IMDB pulling the cast information and the rating.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Even if it were possible to delete all ratings from a group of movies
You can select a group of movies and use edit to remove the rating on all of them at once and then get advance info -> IMDb under the advance menu to do the update on a batch of movies at once. Also in the next version the IMDb plug-in will be faster, so the downloading should complete sooner.