Bookpedia not complete sync with Iphone

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
45ACP
Inductee
Inductee

Bookpedia not complete sync with Iphone

Post by 45ACP »

I tried to transfert my book database from bookpedia in my Iphone with pocketpedia
Everyrthing appears to be OK the sync is working
the counter on the iphone display 985 books
he display to the number of cover
when he look finishing
I open bookpedia in the iphone and only between 60 or 80 books appears
i tried many times and still similar
I tried to export a backup
delete the program preferences and the bookpedia folder in application support
reinstall everything
still the same

Strangely dvdpedia work perfectely
in find on my iphone all the dvd and image of them

Any idea

Sorry for my english

Philippe from Paris France
McFitz

Re: Bookpedia not complete sync with Iphone

Post by McFitz »

I'm not exactly sure this is what Philippe means, but maybe. I did the first-time sync between my Bookpedia (v4.3.0) on my Mac (OS 10.4) and the Pocketpedia on my iPhone (1st gen, upgraded to v2) and after a few false starts, it worked fine and all the books were transferred -- hurray!

However, the small covers do not appear in list view for any of the over 2000 books in the file. The larger-sized covers appear in cover view, however. WTH? How do I get those small covers to appear? Can I re-do the first sync?

BTW, the DVDPedia transfer was perfect and works fine. I love these products and have referred them many times. This is exactly what I need for my iPhone! Thank you so much.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia not complete sync with Iphone

Post by Conor »

the small covers do not appear in list view for any of the over 2000 books in the file. The larger-sized covers appear in cover view, however.
What's happening here is that your images did not get copied over but when you click on the large cover image, because Pocketpedia can't find the image it downloads it from Amazon via the ASIN. If you have a decent wireless connection this can go pretty fast so you probably wouldn't even notice the time lag when the cover flips and the download.
To get your cover images to sync properly, try connecting your iPhone with the USB cable when you do the sync (you can do a completely new sync by selecting Bookpedia once again from the sync option and if nothing has changed in your collection it'll ask you if you want to do a complete new sync). Even though the synchronization goes through the wireless connection, the USB cable connection seems to make a difference for some users for the covers.

@ 45ACP: It was a bug in Bookpedia not taking into account the sort title field. So sections would be replaced by an intervening book that did not have the same first letter but was sorted there by the sort title. Download the beta for the fix. Thank you for all the information.