.Mac export broken

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Surfmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

.Mac export broken

Post by Surfmonkey »

Looks like the .Mac export function is broken now that .Mac is MobileMe. Any chance we'll see this feature return anytime soon?

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: .Mac export broken

Post by Conor »

.Mac should continue to work with the new MobileMe. I just ran it through some tests and everything was fine. I am sure it might be a few bumpy days as Apple transitions to their new service. With the latest Leopard update (10.5.4) there already is a .Mac bug that the system will not report the account information. The Pedias don't know your password they ask the system to log in to .Mac on their behalf and the connection fails. The program will report this as no .Mac account. If this is the case go to the System Preferences panel --> .Mac option and sign-out and back in.
Surfmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Surfmonkey »

What it does for me is hang. I click the .Mac button and then get the spinning beach ball, necessitating a force quit of the application.
Surfmonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Surfmonkey »

Hmmm. Scratch that. It's working today. Weird.
Flex
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Flex »

I never had .Mac so I'm not sure how this should work. DVDpedia exports the data (I can see the files online when I access MobileMe directly) to the Sites-folder, but I can't seem to access it, I only get the "Either there is no user under tis name oder he hasn't put up an iWeb-page yet"-screen.
Any ideas?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Maybe new users of MobileMe have a different URL they would have to visit to see their sites folder? There are a number of distressed homepage users on the Apple forums. The official word from Apple is that everything is the same; once we have a new information well let you know. Try "web.mac.com" instead of "homepage.mac.com" link that the program creates.
Flex
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Flex »

It should be web.me.com, and there is something on there, but all I can find is the error screen.
But well, I'll wait till apple has solved those problems.
Flex
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Flex »

Errr, now it works under homepage.mac.com. As in "not under web.me.com".
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

That is good news. As I mentioned above Apple said it should continue to work under homepage and that everything was staying the same. You have to remember MobileMe just launched and they are still working on it.