MEDIApedia

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

MEDIApedia

Post by gottadoit »

I would love a program that catalogs AVI, MPEGs, WMV, MOV, MP3s, AAC, etc.

It would optionally make it's own thumbnails like Finder.

It should have an option to checksum or digest hash individual files with their links and then have an option to show duplicates.

It would be great if you took a file and before adding it, optionally tell you that it has been cataloged by the same of other name and when display it's location [(e.g.) labelled CD, DVD or URL].

Yeah, I know. When Pigs fly. I know you keep yourself constantly busy.

Thanks for listening.

Best Regards,
Gotta
Conor
Top Dog

Re: MEDIApedia

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We are slowly expanding DVDpedia in that direction, so that files can be dropped over the icon and new entries created on the fly. Your suggestion about the hash is a new one that we hadn't thought of but it makes good sense. The only part I am confused about is the thumbnails like Finder?
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by gottadoit »

Conor wrote:The only part I am confused about is the thumbnails like Finder?
Hi Conor,

Currently DVDpedia and BOOKpedia download cover art from Amazon.

For media Clips (I was talking about cataloging them and not including clips of a DVD title), there is not any cover art (e.g.) YouTube FLV file.

If you could use the API that Quicktime or Finder uses that makes thumbnails (e.g.) The Desktop 64x64 icons, then you could auto-generate a small picture to associate with the clip instead of non-existant Cover Art.

Does than make anymore sense?

Thanks.

Gotta
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Creating the cover art from the thumbnail makes sense. I was thinking backwards and thinking about DVDpedia doing something to the Finder thumbnail. Thank you for the clarification.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by gottadoit »

Thank you for the beautiful, magical pedia's and all of Your and Nora's hard work.

You both really care about being the best, most helpful three person (don't forget Bruji) software company in the world.

Take care.

G