Field order ??

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
nbast
Contributor
Contributor

Field order ??

Post by nbast »

I'm not sure where this topic should go, maybe bug reports would be better...

The fields for various DVDs appear in completely different order from DVD to DVD. Is there any way to standardize an order?

i.e:
"Elfen Lied: Diclonius Report Complete Collection" field order:
Genre
Release
Aspect Ratio
Rating
UPC
Languages

Studio
Duration
Date Added
Rated
Price

"My Neighbor Totoro" field order:
Director
Studio
Aspect Ratio
Rating
UPC
Languages

Genre
Release Date
Duration
Picture For...
Date Added
Rated
Price

There are some different fields between the movies, but I'd really like to be able to set an order or have a consistent order so that when browsing the information I'm looking for is always in about the same relative position.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Field order ??

Post by Conor »

The field order should stay the same. In fact you can set the order in the preferences under the fields tab by dragging fields around in the order you want them. Try adjusting the order of the fields, could be that by setting the preferences you will fix the bug that is juggling the order of the fields.
nbast
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nbast »

ok, I understand what it's doing I think.

The default view appears to fill horizontally, so if some fields are missing, it will change which column other fields are in.

I switched it to the 'light' view, and the field order per column is retained.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We played around with keeping the columns, but then it would look strange when one column was long and the other one short, especially if the long one was the second column. I agree that it's not ideal for finding the location of a field, we are still experimenting.