Adding entire Amazon ListMania lists

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Zevlag
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Adding entire Amazon ListMania lists

Post by Zevlag »

I want to add all the books on this list to my bookpedia wish list. How do I do that?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There are several ways, but the one I recommend is to drag the book covers from the Amazon Listmania in Safari over the table in Bookpedia. Select the wish list collection in Bookpedia before starting so books are added directly to that collection. Also in the preference panel for Bookpedia there is an "add first result automatically" preference that if you check lets you skip pressing the add button, so all you need to do is drag cover after cover into the table view.

This technique has the added advantage that you can add books from Listmanias and wish lists that are private as a search directly from Bookpedia will only see public lists. The other option, since this particular Listmania is public, is to browse it with Bookpedia. Uncheck the "add first result automatically" in the preference panel as well as "return to search panel after add" preference. Add a book from your list, for example 'Castle of Days' with a regular ISBN search (0312890427), then select the book and choose view Listmania for selection (all six lists this particular book is on are yours) and press the "view with Bookpedia" button. You can then view the list in the add panel and add books as you browse the results.