Problem reentering serial number

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
ZZamboni
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Problem reentering serial number

Post by ZZamboni »

Hi,

I have recently reinstalled my machine, and lost my DVDpedia preferences. I still have the email with my serial number, so I thought it would be no problem to reenter it. But when I enter the number, a spinner appears for a second, and then nothing - no error message, the registration dialog stays there, and the registration does not succeed. The console shows the following message:

1/5/08 3:52:09 PM DVDpedia[7622] Esellerate engine install failed with code: -2003

What's going wrong? I re-requested my serial number through the support page, but it's the same I had entered originally.

Thanks.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We've had one other report from a user who ran into the same problem but so far we haven't been able to figure out where the bug lies. If you don't mind, could you send us your system profile so we can send that on to eSellerate so they can fix the problem in their engine? You can get the profile by going into Applications/Utilities/System Profiler and choose 'Save' from the File menu. You can email us that file to our support email found on the Support page. Thanks!
ZZamboni
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by ZZamboni »

Thanks for the reply. I have sent you the information by email.

In the meantime, is there some way to manually register my copy of DVDpedia, to avoid the 10-record limitation?

Thanks.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Problem reentering serial number

Post by sjk »

FYI, I just got an "Esellerate engine install failed with code: 2000" error when trying to register DVDpedia. Sent mail to Bruji support about it before seeing this thread so I didn't include a system profile.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Thanks, Alex. Will the slightly newer version of Engine Updater for Mac OS X on eSellerate's site also work and do you know specifically what it changes? I'm redundantly asking here because I haven't gotten a response from Nora's in PM yet and hope to get this resolved before the weekend.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Please try this one first. This is an issue that esellerate has been working on for a while and there might be differeces in the tool. We have tried this version with great success.

Cheers
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Tried eSellerate's version on the iMac and yours on the eMac. No success with either. :(

It's not easy troubleshooting this eSellerate, MindVision, VISE junk when it fails.

Thanks for the help. What next?
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

And I just discovered that fscking eSellerate updater fscked-up some permissions on the eMac where it shouldn't have, which is why I was so hesitant to run it without knowing more details!! :evil:

Edit: It fscked-up at least some /Library/Application Support permissions. This is going to take some time to figure out the extent of the damage and attempt to fix it because Repair Disk Permissions excludes most or all of this stuff.

Edit2: Yeah, anything that relies on permissions under /Library/Application Support is going to have problems. EyeTV's Wakein support utility throwing up an authentication dialog is how I first noticed this.

esellerateupdater.zip should be removed immediately so no one else downloads that seriously buggy updater!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The eSellertate team are working on a new engine that should be ready soon. We are looking forward to updating so these few registering issues will be a thing of the past. I have removed the link from here so that users don't download the updater if not required. I have also PMed the solution to your troubles.
Alex
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Alex »

Scott, we are very sorry for the problems you are having and will investigate further with Esellerate. However, I would like to point out that we have never had any problems with this software in the past and we have tested it numerous times. All of our customers that have ran it have reported success with it and no one has reported any problems similar to yours. There is always a first time of course, and we shall keep investigating the matter, but we are not in the habit of posting buggy software for our customers to download.
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:I have also PMed the solution to your troubles.
Got that, and as mentioned in my reply I'll be moving further correspondence about this to support e-mail so it's all kept together. Thanks for followups here.