Registration without the internet?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
maz

Registration without the internet?

Post by maz »

I have had troubles with my Summer 2005 iBook G4 since loading in Leopard. It is now gone, back to Tiger.

I have lost the internet from home.

I am having problems getting online.

I have a new computer, but have yet been able to find someplace that has an access point I can use. Living in the boonies now has too many drawbacks!

I enter my registration codes for Book/CD/DVDpedia's, but they all want to call home! Why? Now I am stuck with useless software. Maybe I'll have to use Bento :( to keep track of everything now.

Is there any other way to register the software without being online? I do not know when my ISP will be able to re-install satellite dish so I have it back.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can register the programs without internet access. Do you have the possibility of going online on a different computer, maybe at work? If so start the process via the 'Register' menu command found under the program menus (on your own computer at home).

After you enter the serial number and press the OK button, you will get a window titled 'Activation Options'. Choose to 'activate using a different computer that has web access'. Click the next button and then the save button to save the activation URL and installation ID to a text file so you can take it to another computer where you have internet access.

There, go to the activation URL and enter your installation ID into the field provided. That'll give you an activation key which you can then enter back on your home computer into the fields provided when you choose the option 'I already have an activation key and would like to activate it now' under that same 'Activation Options' window that you encountered above.
maz

Post by maz »

As you can see, I do have access to the internet, on a Linux pc. I can' t transfer any files to it. I suppose I'll have to type it all out. I saw that option, but didn't clue in that another pc could connect with the registration. I don't have my computer with me, so I'll have to do it another time.