[DVDpedia] Better order by letter

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[DVDpedia] Better order by letter

Post by Rigido »

Ciao,
to be honest i don't like the way DVDpedia (I think) does exports by letter:

Code: Select all

# | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | A | E | U | F | G | L | P | R | S | T | V | L | F | I | V | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | A | L | U | V | W
What does it mean?! :D
I think that there are to ways to improve this:
1. Just ignore articles, so I know that I will find "La Passione di Cristo" under the only P I see and not to guess under which P is it...
# | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W

2. Highlight the "real" first letters, something like:
# | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | A | E | U | F | G | L | P | R | S | T | V | L | F | I | V | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | A | L | U | V | W
Even if it will not make clear where to look for a movie "at first sight"...
Conor
Top Dog

Re: [DVDpedia] Better order by letter

Post by Conor »

That is clearly a bug, it should ignore the articles and create a single letter for each. Could you please email us your database file and your preference file so that we can try to repeat it here. You will find them in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata and ~/Library/Preferences/com.bruji.dvdpedia.plist.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Just sent you the files...
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Click on your title column again (maybe even switch to another column and back to be sure). I think it was remembering the old title sort preference without ignoring the foreign articles for the set preferences as "L'A" was under L instead of A, and therefore the export was getting confused as it was sorting correctly and placing those under A. I did see the bug with the files you sent, but a click of the title column gave me the correct sort and made it go away. Thank you for the files.