Did I lose the file containing my DVDpedia entries?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jaminor

Did I lose the file containing my DVDpedia entries?

Post by jaminor »

Background: I'm running the latest version of DVDpedia on my iMac G5. Because of impending hard drive failure, I backed up my files to DVD's, installed a new hard drive and Mac OS X up to 10.4.11 and copied all my files back to the hard drive. I thought I had backed up my DVDpedia files.

Problem: When I run DVDpedia my entries for Library and Wish List do not appear. All is blank. In my Documents partition on the hard drive I have a folder named DVD Library (this is where I thought DVDpedia saved its information). In the folder there are two folders (Library HTML and LibraryHTMLCovers) along with a MovieList.xls file. I can open MovieList.xls in Excel and it seems that I created this file, not DVDpedia.

Question: Have I lost all my work entering my DVD collection into DVDpedia? Can DVDpedia import .XLS files and, if so, how? And, as an aside, if I have to backup DVDpedia in the future, where does DVDpedia save the file that contains all my entries so I can backup this file?

Thank you in advance for your help ...

Jim
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Did I lose the file containing my DVDpedia entries?

Post by Nora »

Hi Jim,

those files belong to another program. DVDpedia's data folder is by default located in your Home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia and inside you'll find the data file, Database.pediadata.
DVDpedia can import tab and comma delimited files so save your XLS datas in either format to import it into DVDpedia.