DVDpedia Minor Improvement Suggestions

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
gottadoit
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia Minor Improvement Suggestions

Post by gottadoit »

I will rave about the product again. Best software I ever bought besides Photoshop.

I have several hopefully Minor Suggestions for Improvements.

1). Custom Fields should have a radiobox to set "use autofill" or "don't use autofill". Also an optional default value field.
2). On the Links Dialog when adding links, after you click Move advance to the next Entry. I sometimes add losts of screenshots.
3). Have a Preference to Copy files automatically instead of "file:/" and [DataFolder]. Also have an option to interactively rename the file going into the DataFolder. I get name conflicts, have to change the name manually using Finder and then try to re-add.
4). There should be dates and version numbers on BRUJI.COM's website for the plug-ins, interface additions, export, etc so we know if they have been updated. Or perhaps highlight them. A seperate page order by most recent changes would be great.
5). Adult website plug-ins (I know, we need to write one or two ourselves)
6). Cascade for Search on Add that allows us to temporarily disable sites. Amazon incorrectly auto adds many times when European sites is what I want to cascade search. I have lots of non-Region 1, non-Region 2 NTSC and PAL discs.
7). An option to tell me if I have any links that are "file:/". For me, this is always a mistake on my part.
8). Ability to Undo "Download Cover Art". Many times Amazon will pull the wrong title. Or optionally be asked "Add? Yes or no".
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDpedia Minor Improvement Suggestions

Post by Conor »

2). On the Links Dialog when adding links, after you click Move advance to the next Entry. I sometimes add losts of screenshots.
Move to the next entry as in the next movie or the next link? Multiple links can be moved all at once by selecting them all. For the next movie (command-N) is a useful shortcut.
3). Have a Preference to Copy files automatically instead of "file:/" and [DataFolder]. Also have an option to interactively rename the file going into the DataFolder. I get name conflicts, have to change the name manually using Finder and then try to re-add.
I added your suggestion to the beta it should now be able to copy a link and then paste the file into the Finder directly. The beta will also ask the user to supply a new name in the case where the file name already exists in the folder.
5). Adult website plug-ins
There is one, it's not included with the program download.
6). Cascade for Search on Add that allows us to temporarily disable sites. Amazon incorrectly auto adds many times when European sites is what I want to cascade search. I have lots of non-Region 1, non-Region 2 NTSC and PAL discs.
I am sure you know about selecting the sites and the order for the cascade in the preferences. What is best for those special searches is to set a specific site instead of the cascade in the find window.

Thank you for all the suggestions, the other ones are a bit more complex to include right away, but will keep them in mind as we update those areas.