Manually crop cover art

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
Zearin
Contributor
Contributor

Manually crop cover art

Post by Zearin »

Hi!

I have taken note of the autocrop feature that removes whitespace from the cover art of various items in the Pedias. Most of the time it does a pretty good job, but sometimes it's just a bit off.

For an ideal solution, let's take a real-world example: Address Book.
If a contact's photo is cropped in an unsatisfactory way in Address Book, you can open the image and re-crop it.

Again, the built-in cropping feature is doing a pretty good job most of the time. But some of the cover art that is downloaded is unfortunately plagued by shadow effects or the DVD discs sticking out of the side of the box. It would be great if I could just crop those discs or shadows and have only the box to look at in any of the Pedias.

Bonus points:
Add in some very simple iPhoto style HUD for adjusting the brightness / contrast / saturation of cover art as well!

Thanks again for the Pedias! I'm loving them and recommending them to all my Mac friends!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Manually crop cover art

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. We erred on the side of caution with the cropping, this is why it might leave some shadows. Thank you for voting for a basic simple image editor incorporated into the Pedias; in the meantime don't be afraid to use any of the good Mac image editors out there, including Preview. Drag the image to the Preview icon, crop and adjust and then drag back to the cover well.