iMBd Ratings import (numerous <div> etc)

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
andreas32
Contributor
Contributor

iMBd Ratings import (numerous <div> etc)

Post by andreas32 »

I'm so used to you all fixing a problem immediately that I didn't bother to report a problem that's happening with iMDb. Starting more than two weeks ago, I noticed a slowing down when adding a new title to the database. I figured my library was getting a bit large and let it go at that. But several days ago it struck me that the Rating field was entirely highlighted so I dragged the cursor to see what else was there, hidden on a second line. Well, there's about 20 or more other lines down there, a lot of html [div] type coding. Somehow DVDpedia continues to grab code but because that code has a [br] in it, it doesn't become noticeable. (Using square brackets in case the html brackets get lost) Once I did a Delete-All in that field, and manually added the "8.0" rating, adding the titles sped up immensely.

If anyone wants to check for themselves, set up a Special Collection with the limitation being Added Within the last 14 days. Then start at the top of that list with the Edit. Use the triangles at the bottom of the first edit to go to the next so that the cursor remains in the Ratings field. The cursor "should" highlight only the "8.0" (we only buy good movies, yes?) but if the cursor highlights the entire field even though there is nothing after the "8.0", continuing dragging down to see what other information has been added in a "hidden" manner.

A second problem with iMDb is Adding the iMDb number. Many times it's also adding something like "[see iMDb Pro for more info]" or somesuch. When there is more than the 7-digit iMDb number, adding the title results in a blank title and other blank fields. I've been getting around that by using the dropdown menu to the bottom right to re-query iMDb and Amazon, etc *after erasing all but the 7-digit number.*
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iMBd Ratings import (numerous <div> etc)

Post by Conor »

The rating field picking up more information was fixed right away and should be part of the latest version 4.3.2 of DVDpedia. If your still having problems with the rating field in the new version please let us know for which movies so that we can try to reproduce it.

If the IMDb number is not the exact number, then it won't be able to perform the lookup successfully. To find out where that incorrect information might be coming from please give the exact steps to reproduce, such as search terms that cause this to happen. This way we can find the bug and fix it. Thank you.