Better Currency management

Tell us about your wildest feature dreams. Or just harmless suggestions for improvement.
kevindosi
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Better Currency management

Post by kevindosi »

Right now, a few dozen of my films are priced in Euros, some in Pounds, Yen, etc. This isn't so bad, especially if it's a film from that region. But this really screws up the "value" of my collection. I think that when all the prices in the collection don't have the same currency, the "value" section on the bottom of the window goes berserk. My collection, according to DVDPedia, is worth over $100,000. It's definitely not. I'd like for DVDPedia to do one of the following:
a) automatically convert all of the price fields so that the currencies all match, or
b) take into consideration the different currencies when adding up the total value of the collection.

It would also be nice if the stats on the bottom of the window would update live so I don't have to restart the application to see changes, but that doesn't really bother me too much.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Better Currency management

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the feedback. The currency is one of those tricky subjects we really haven't found the perfect solution to.

Thanks for pointing out that the values at the bottom do not update when changing the values in the collection view. But they will update by switching collections or opening a movie for edit with double click, so a restart is not necessary.