iSight switch between built-in and external display

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
twblackadder
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

iSight switch between built-in and external display

Post by twblackadder »

I just bought a 24" LED Cinema display for my MBP. But I can not switch the built-in iSight to the external display when I try to use it in the search function, eg CDpedia.

Any suggestion for this? Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iSight switch between built-in and external display

Post by Conor »

Apple returns the preferred camera to DVDpedia. Try out the iChat preferences with both cameras plugged in, you should then be able to select the preferred camera and this should affect all applications. (The same way that the preferred browser is set in Safari). It used to be that you could keep the internal iSight busy with Photo Booth and DVDpedia would receive the secondary camera, but the latest Photo Booth is smarter and releases the iSight as soon as it's no longer the active application. The internal iSight disablers out there might be no good if your external camera is also USB based, it relies on disabling the USB cameras as a whole.
twblackadder
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by twblackadder »

Thanks for your prompt reply. But the issue is still there.

As suggested, I tried to select camera, eg via iChat/iMovie, from the MBP(unibody version) built-in one to the Apple 24" Cinema Display (with a built-in camera itself) one. There is no problem to use iSight in the external Display then. But the iSight still does not work on the DVD/CD/BOOKpedia in the selected camera of the external Apple Display. In the end, it seems that the selected preferred camera does not affect the application in CD/DVD/BOOKpedia.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. We will look at adding a selection into the Pedias themselves to switch cameras.