DVD-Store.it plugin...i'm back

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVD-Store.it plugin...i'm back

Post by Rigido »

Ciao Conor,
I'm back to DVDpedia and even if I'm a little "rusty" with Xcode I saw that DVD-store changed their site and the plugin we did doesn't work anymore.
If you can give me some info I'm ready to help and update the plugin...

I found the two search strings:
BR -> http://www.dvd-store.it/DVD/Blu-Ray/Cerca.aspx?txtTitolo=TITLE
DVD -> http://www.dvd-store.it/DVD/DVD-Video/Cerca.aspx?txtTitolo=TITLE
You'll get unpredicatble results if you do not specify what you're looking for and use the "old" search string:
http://www.dvd-store.it/Cerca.aspx?txtTitolo=TITLE

The result page has a table (id="dtlSchedaBreve") with every movie into it's own row. Between a H1 tag you'll find the title and part of the link to the detail page
(i.e. <h1><a id="dtlSchedaBreve__ctl1_cstSchedaProdottoBreve_lnkTitolo" href="/DVD/Blu-Ray/ID-27519/Hulk-VS--Combo-Pack-Blu-Ray-Disc-DVD.aspx">Hulk VS (Marvel Animated Features) - Combo Pack (Blu-Ray Disc + DVD)</a></h1>).

and the link to the detail page will be:
http://www.dvd-store.it/DVD/Blu-Ray/ID-27519/Hulk-VS--Combo-Pack-Blu-Ray-Disc-DVD.aspx

So,
XCode is ready on my iMac 27" i7 with Snow Leopard 10.6.3.
I think I need a little help on how to setup all of the url to do searches and load details...then I will work on the data extraction.

Ciao,
Andrea "Rigido".
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVD-Store.it plugin...i'm back

Post by Conor »

Congratulations on the new iMac. Thank you for the details on the new setup. I have started the plug-in for you with the two searches, all you have to do is finish adding the details in the resultNumber: method. Don't pay attention to the old code, I have added three samples (image, genre and release date) that use new methods stringBetween:and: that ship with DVDpedia that make it easier to parse information, as well as the "stringByCleaningHTML" that will strip all HTML from a string. Download the plug-in and set it up with DVDpedia in the "Build" folder and with that new machine you won't even notice when it builds, it will be like magic. If you have any questions, just let me know.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Thank you Conor,
I downloaded it and started to remove some "rust"...
Can you please explain how the plugin can handle search parameters (title, director, actor, DVD, VHS....there is NO BLU-RAY!!!) ?
With your new plugin version ("mode" defaulted to BR), the startSearch is called twice and you'll get BR AND DVD (working with "hulk", you'll get 14 entries, 4 BRs and the first 10 DVDs).
I changed the default mode to DVD and now startSearch is called just once and you'll get just the first 10 DVDs...do you think there is a way to retrieve more than 10 entries? :)

Ciao.

PS: Which "Build target" I have to set? 10.5 or 10.6?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I have to update the plug-in architecture to be able to accept the search limit as well, but since this requires a change to the method name and the number of arguments, I been saving it for a major update. (Will also have to include the Blu-ray limit although only few sites let you limit searched by format). That why in the meantime I added the blu-ray and DVD mode and triggered the search twice to provide the most amble results.

Normally you would be able to do a second search for the second page by adding a few attributes to let it know that you want the second page. But with this site it might be a bit complicated to do, as I can't figure out what that would be.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Thank you Conor (as always...).
I'll restore your version and work on details...

Ciao!