Bookpedia error in German translation?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
P. Master
Captain
Captain

Bookpedia error in German translation?

Post by P. Master »

I use bookpedia since last year in german language and use german amazon. Now I noticed that always the 'Zusammenfassung' (summary) has not the summary in it's line - it is the comment. The summary line is always empty. The comment is interesting but mostly I want to know the content of a book. Or both - summary and comment will be fine. Is this only an error of the translation or is this correct?
Another little error: I want to add a link. I change to my browser window for getting the link. I change back to bookpedia and I have the main window and not the input window. Then I change again to the input window. One time OK but if I want to add more links - it bothers really.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Bookpedia error in German translation?

Post by Nora »

The summary sent depends on Amazon. In some cases they don't have a summary for the entry or if they do, the don't send it because of copyright issues. When this is the case, Bookpedia is set to automatically pick up the review voted most helpful instead.

You can add a link simply by dragging the file (or URL) over the info view (that's the one below the list view, at the bottom of the main window).
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Nora's tip is handy and the easiest for adding links; however, the edit window should still be the key window after a switch if it was the key window when switching out. How do you switch back to Bookpedia? Testing here with command-tab keeps the edit window as primary input. Are there other variables, do you use Spaces?
P. Master
Captain
Captain

Post by P. Master »

Hi Connor
I'm using cmd tab and it switches always to the main window not to the edit window. By the add window it works correctly.

PS The other window is in one of the other spaces.

..for Nora
Hi
I have over 3500 entries and not one has a comment entry - only summary (which is always the comment). I would like to have the comment in the comment field if possible!
The tip with drag and drop works:
change to finder cmd-tab, take the file: cmd-tab - now the main window is there - not the input window. So I have also to push "cmd <"...