FancyIndex for DVDPedia 5?

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
makmic
Contributor
Contributor

FancyIndex for DVDPedia 5?

Post by makmic »

Hello !
Will once the the great "FancyIndex" html export template be amended to be compliant with DVDPedia 5? Thanks
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: FancyIndex for DVDPedia 5?

Post by FineWine »

makmic wrote:Hello !
Will once the the great "FancyIndex" html export template be amended to be compliant with DVDPedia 5? Thanks
May one ask what is wrong with it - for you? as mine is working with version 5.0.2 Beta 11.

Or are you talking about the new Custom fields which appeared in version 5.0? CustomDate, CustomCheckbox, CustomTag, CustomText and Season, Episode, Creator & Series, which are not in the Template.

Though, and this is to the team, it seems a bit pointless to IMDb hot link the [credit:role] I have edited this out in MyFancyIndex.

To "makmic" you too can edit the "FancyIndex" export template by clicking on the Edit button and selecting the MyFancyIndexDetails.html file. I use TextWrangler as my editor as it preserves standards. (it is free and you can get it in the App Store)

Remember when you edit any Templates the pedia program amends it with the prefix 'My'. This way it preserves the original file.

Cheers
makmic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by makmic »

Thank you for the answer FineWine!

By me at least, the links between the list items (main page) and the details window are broken.

If I look within the the index.html file, I see that each item number X refers to /Details/PageX.html; But since Pedia5, the files created in /Details/ are named just "X.html" (and, more, the numbering X doesn't match,). I thought that the issue was known (since FancyIndex is not available on the templates list web page any more , correct?). Or is it only an issue with my settings somewhere?

By the way, I know that the fields/appearance of the item list can be amended, but thanks anyway to pointing it. I shall have a look to see if the links can be restored there.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

I could be wrong but I thought FancyIndex came pre-packaged with the pedia as opposed to coming as a separate download from the Extras page. Anyway the only suggestion I have is if you are using MyFancyIndex as opposed to FancyIndex, is that you delete MyFancyIndex from ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates, otherwise, if not, you delete the pedia App from the Applications folder and download the latest version from here: http://www.bruji.com/beta/5/ NOTE that this is the latest Beta for version 5.0.2. To ensure you only delete the App and not its support files I use an App called AppCleaner http://appcleaner.en.softonic.com/mac.

Hope this helps. Looking at your posting time stamp (Australia I think) I would say we are in the same time zone, so the team may well have a more accurate answer by the time you get up tomorrow morning. I believe they are based in Houston, Texas, well their ISP is, which makes them about 16 hours behind us.

By the way if you are an Apple Geek or just interested in all things Apple, then Apple is holding their first event of year in New York tomorrow morning, our time - http://www.macrumors.com/2012/01/11/app ... york-city/

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The old version of DVDpedia used to link to pages by the order they were processed during the export creating pages called "PageX.html". The new version (since 4.x) uses the unique ID to unlink the order of the list from the details page name of a movie. It allows to use several index page exports and a single details folder.

From your description the details page is exporting with the unique ID "X.html" but your index page is still linking to the order number of the export. This can be verified if the links on the index page start with Page1.html and slowly increment in a regular fashion instead of being semi-random numbers.

The link inside FancyIndex.html template should be:

Code: Select all

<a class="cb nw" href="details/[key:uid].html">[key:title]</a>
and not:

Code: Select all

href="details/Page[key:incrementalNumber].html
I have verified the fancy index included with DVDpedia and the link is correct. The error you're getting is most likely due to the fact that you are using a modified version of the template. Do check your personal data folder at ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates for any customized versions of FancyIndex you might have. Otherwise a new download of DVDpedia 5.0.2 will include the latest versions of the templates as FineWine mentioned.

@FineWine Thank you for the feedback about not including the link on the role credit. The template was kindly contributed by Marumari and has been incredible popular (there was a time it was on our extras page were users contribution go). We got permission to include it with the program since it is so awesome but did not want to change the design too much and hence left the link, but we will look at it again as you are right that particular link does not really contribute as much to the details.
makmic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by makmic »

As you both guessed, the problem lied to my custom "MyFancyIndex" . Works like a charm now.

Thank you both for your help.