DVDpedia 7.0 Beta 307 preview enlarged

Report your bugs here - if someone else has already mentioned the same bug, just add on to their post with as much info as possible to make the hunting easier.
SaberCats2K
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia 7.0 Beta 307 preview enlarged

Post by SaberCats2K »

After syncing recent purchases with the DVDpedia, the movie’s cover is enlarged when viewing it in Pocketpedia. See that attached screenshots of DVDpedia, on my M2 Pro Mac mini, and Pocketpedia, on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I should note that when I initially added the movie’s cover art, by dragging and dropping a JPEG from the blu-ray.com site. I’d open the JPEG in Preview and add the 4K UltraHD banner, and then drag it to the DVDpedia widow. And you see in the screenshot how the preview in the lower left hand corner is dark. The image is enlarged and just showing the upper left corner of the image. But if you double-click on the movie title in DVDpedia, the image appears normal.

FineWine
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia 7.0 Beta 307 preview enlarged

Post by FineWine »

The Pedia's have been designed to downsize covers to 72 DPI in jpg format. It was kept like this when Pocketpedia was released due to the then storage size of iPhones. Now of course this really is not an issue. Whether in the latest versions of the pedia's and Pocketpedia this has changed I do not know.

Though your actual image dimensions may be large (2000 x 3000) pedia automatically should resize for the various areas within the program that the images are used.

In DVDpedia right click on the image in the image well and select "Show in Finder", double click on it to show it in Preview, the Menubar > Tools > Adjust Image Size to see all the sizing information of the actual image that DVDpedia is using.

All I can suggest is that you force the pedia to reload the images onto your phone.

If covers are not loading correctly on your iDevices you can tell each particular pedia, in turn, to forget what it thinks it knows about the state of the cover sync and do a full sync again by holding down the Option (alt) key on the Mac while pressing the sync button on Pocketpedia.

Within each pedia you can also carry out several maintenance tasks which may or may not fix the issue there.

'hold down the option key and click on the main Help menu in each program once and select - each in turn: 'Verify Database', 'Remove Orphaned Covers' and 'Clean Duplicates in Fields' these may not solve your problems but it wont hurt either.