URL Field

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Moustique
Contributor
Contributor

URL Field

Post by Moustique »

I've been playing with the URL field in Gamepedia (4.3.1) but it doesn't seem to behave as I would expect it. I've searched the forums for some answers and found this topic: Wanted books--best field to add a URL? in which Conor explains that the now-editable URL field can be customized to point anywhere the user wishes.

However I found that's not quite working:
- As long as the entry has an ASIN, clicking on the title in Info View goes to Amazon, regardless of the value of the URL field.
- If I remove the ASIN, clicking on the title now goes to the URL I specified.

I would like to be able to customize the URL and keep the ASIN in the entry so that I still have access to the Amazon-related features (e.g. Advanced -> Open Amazon for Selection).

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
If it's a bug feel free to move this topic to the Bug Reports board.
Thanks for your help.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: URL Field

Post by Conor »

The defaults info template actually look to add the Amazon link to the Title, they only fall back on the URL when no Amazon link is available. To change modify your favorite template to have [key:url] instead of [key:amazonLink]. The default template is Collections.html and is found inside the program application. Here and here are some posts describing how to edit a template as well as moving it and renaming it so that future updates will not overwrite it.
Moustique
Contributor
Contributor

Re: URL Field

Post by Moustique »

Thanks for your quick reply and for providing the solution. I followed your instructions and that works fine.

I should have known it had something to do with the info template because checking off (or not) the URL field for display in Info View in the preferences, didn't make any difference with the built-in template.