Features field in Gamepedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Moustique
Contributor
Contributor

Features field in Gamepedia

Post by Moustique »

I'm a bit puzzled by the visual appearance and behavior of the Features field on the Add/Edit window in Gamepedia (4.3.1). It seems it can accept a few lines or paragraphs of text but it only shows one line at a time that scrolls horizontally. That makes text input/editing and viewing in this field quite impractical if not impossible.

I would expect it to behave like the Summary field. I tried moving it to a different place or from Extra to Main panel, in the preferences, to no avail - it stays as one single line and only resizes horizontally with the panel. It does however display correctly the full text when exported with some of the HTML templates that support this field.

I found this old thread which talks about it but does not shed much light: Resize Info box in Gamepedia. The Add/Edit window is now resizable, but that doesn't solve the problem.

So are we supposed to put anything that is more than a few words into a separate text file and link to it as suggested by Nora in the thread above? It that's the case I'm not sure what the Features field is good for.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Features field in Gamepedia

Post by Conor »

Say no more and download the beta. It was an oversight on my part, thank you for the feedback.
Moustique
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Moustique »

Ok, it's working now. Thanks for your quick fix!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Our pleasure.