Pocketpedia not synchronizing

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
nicoscos
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Pocketpedia not synchronizing

Post by nicoscos »

Dear all,
could you please help me with the issue below?
I have downloaded pocketpedia in my iphone (ver, 2.1) and set-up a local wireless network by creating a personal network through my macbook pro. Then I started the synch on my iphone and waiting to synchronize with my CDpedia database. When starting the application, I get a message in the iphone saying "Requesting collections" but after that nothing happens. Actually the iphone returns to idle mode (standby), the message from the iphone screen is disappeared and pocketpedia is quitting.
Is there something that I should do to synchronize the databases?

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pocketpedia not synchronizing

Post by Conor »

Make sure that your internal Mac firewall is turned off or allows connections from CDpedia. You can check your firewall settings under System Preferences --> Security --> Firewall. Make sure you have CDpedia version 4.3.2. If the problem continues check your console log on your computer for any errors from CDpedia. Also if you then sync your iPhone to iTunes it will copy and crash logs to your home folder in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/[Name].symbolicated/Pocketpedia.... Please send us those files and console information so that we can review it.
nicoscos
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by nicoscos »

Hello Conor,
the problem was in my Firewall settings as you suggested.
Now I have synchronized the libraries both in macbook and iphone (and was fast as well).

Thank you.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad it was a simple solution. Enjoy your new mobile collection.