Can't upload to MobileMe anymore

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Flex
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Can't upload to MobileMe anymore

Post by Flex »

Hey there.

I'm having problems with uploading again. Haven't been updating my online collection in a while, so I don't know when it went wrong. Maybe when Apple "fixed" the initial problems of MobileMe.

So.

- I press the MobileMe button
- DVDpedia loads the MobileMe info (and seems to get it accurately)
- I press "overview" (or whatever "Übersicht" is called in english)
- I get an error message in safari, the site can not be opened
- I press "update" and IMMEDIATELY get the "finished" message, but of course, when I press "done" the online collection isn't updated

Any idead?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Can't upload to MobileMe anymore

Post by Conor »

It sounds like the computer is not able to create the temporary folder for the export before the upload located in ~/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/DVDpedia. Try "repair permissions" on your hard drive using the program Disk Utility and then try DVDpedia again. If the error persist, check your console log for any messages from DVDpedia using the program of the same name in your utilities folder.
Flex
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Flex »

Ok, repairing permissions didn't change anything, so I checked the log. It says:

Export Error: The File "ChiaScuDVDcovers.html" could not be opened with text coding "Unicode (UTF-8)"

(Not sure if "text coding" is the right term. It's "Textcodierung" in the german version)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Head to your templates folder and delete "ChiaScuDVDcovers.html" in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates and then re-download and install the template.
Flex
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by Flex »

Worked! Awesome, thanks!