Pedias don't search after iSight scan

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
fpy
Contributor
Contributor

Pedias don't search after iSight scan

Post by fpy »

Everything looks OK. I mean red lines flash to green. But no title appear! I 've tried Bookpedia and CDpedia during 1-2 hours and still have no item in my libraries... (excepted those from manual search)
I'm using a MBP and Leopard and do not understand what is happening. I've also downloaded Delicious Library 2 and Booxter. They both work normally (scanning with iSight and giving appropriate results). But I prefer Pedias look and features (except iSight-based research!!!). Manual research with ISBN or title works fine, but I really want to use iSight cause I probably have 2000 CD and 3000 books....
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Pedias don't search after iSight scan

Post by Conor »

So the EAN numbers are not appearing on the screen with the iSight? It should beep and the numbers should appear in the add multiple window or the regular find window. Please let us know what OS X version and what model of computer you have including the GHz. Thank you.
fpy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fpy »

Well, it's a MBP Core 2 Duo, 2,16 Ghz, Léopard 10.5.5 and 2 Go Ram.
And no EAN appears in any window and I heard no beep
Answering to Nora, As I'm a french user, I've selected Amazon.fr and Alapage. But there's no search as there's no EAN found. The scan lines flash in green very shortly. I mean usually less than a second. Max 1-2 s. Is that the issue?
Regards,
fpy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fpy »

It looks like it's a real MBP compability issue...
:idea: I've just tried with my wife's MacBook ("old" Core Duo 1,83 GHz). Just put in on the table : same place, same light. And it works! Green lines last longer, I hear beep and researches are successful!
I've found a used barcode reader for sale (Symbol LS1908T at 35 €) and hope it will works with your softwares (and my MBP). Does your license authorize more than one installation?

Thanks for the quick support for non (or pre-)customers :wink: Hope you will resolve that bug : Delicious and Booxter demos work on my MBP, but are not so GREAT!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the information. The Symbol should work without a problem. It might need some configuring to send a return character with the code, but that should be the default setting. The license does authorize more than one installation, it's a family license.
fpy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fpy »

Everything is OK with the Symbol handheld barcode reader. It's much faster than the iSight (especially with my MBP :mrgreen:
Thanks for your support
Why don't you add "Bibliothèque Nationale de France is your searchabler database? The guys at Booxter do...
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Glad to hear the Symbol is working out for you. What type is it exactly? (So we can add it to our list here.)
Why don't you add "Bibliothèque Nationale de France is your searchabler database?
We haven't been able to get The French National Library to work with our z39.50 client even though it lists the format (marc) we support and the search type (1016). But we want to upgrade the whole z39.50 interface as well as the client and that might get The French National Library working then.
fpy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fpy »

Nora wrote:Glad to hear the Symbol is working out for you. What type is it exactly? (So we can add it to our list here.)
Symbol LS1908T works fine!