DVDpedia - Confirmation before deleting entries?!

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
kaerf75
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDpedia - Confirmation before deleting entries?!

Post by kaerf75 »

Hi all,

first of all, i´m using DVDpedia for quite a while and i´m loving it! Really! But there is one thing i´m wondering about:

Is there a way to get a confirmation window before deleting entries?? I´m asking because i´ve got a son (14 months) and he hit backspace a couple of times while i was talking to my wife....... so i lost the entries. I was lucky that I could restore the entries by hitting 'cmd-z', but what if I´m deleting some entries without knowing (for example if i work with M$-Word and DVDpedia and am in the wrong window, and want to delete...)

Thank you for your answers..!
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: DVDpedia - Confirmation before deleting entries?!

Post by sjk »

I wouldn't mind confirmation when deleting entries, overridden at least by using the Option key modifier.
kaerf75
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by kaerf75 »

Thank you for your answer, but that was not my question... I know that entries are restorable, but - anyway - I wanted to know, if there is a way to get a confirmation window before deleting... ;)
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Not unless Bruji implements it (AFAIK), which it what my previous response said I wouldn't mind them doing.
kaerf75
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by kaerf75 »

oh, ok then. thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

To get the confirmation dialog before deleting an entry go under the help menu and use the "Reset Warnings" command. This will enable the confirmation alert again if it was disabled.

The option key works like in iTunes where the entry is deleted from every single collection if not in the library collection, so it can be used to override the confirmation dialog.
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:To get the confirmation dialog before deleting an entry go under the help menu and use the "Reset Warnings" command. This will enable the confirmation alert again if it was disabled.

The option key works like in iTunes where the entry is deleted from every single collection if not in the library collection, so it can be used to override the confirmation dialog.
Hi Conor,

Regardless of how warnings are set, the backspace key seems to delete without confirmation only in Excluded collections. In Included collections here the backspace key asks for confirmation as usual. Regards, Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Are you sure it's not backwards? In an excluded collection it should warn if the warnings have been reset as the backspace would mean the entry is removed. Try reseting the warnings and testing it out with a a new entry that can be safely deleted. It would however not warn when deleting from a regular collection as the entry would not be removed from the database, only from that collection.
kaerf75
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by kaerf75 »

Hi Conor!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! IT WORKS!!!!!

So it seems that I have disabled the warning....?! damn, i´m getting old :D
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:Are you sure it's not backwards? In an excluded collection it should warn if the warnings have been reset as the backspace would mean the entry is removed. Try reseting the warnings and testing it out with a a new entry that can be safely deleted. It would however not warn when deleting from a regular collection as the entry would not be removed from the database, only from that collection.
Hi Conor,

I have an excluded collection and if I hit backspace the entry is removed without warning. In included collections, the warning dialog opens. I have reset warnings before testing it. Cheers, Keith
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Keith,

If you don't mind please send us your database file so that we can try to duplicate the bug using your data. You will find the file in your home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Select it and use the compress command under the file menu to create a zip archive that can be attached to an email.

Kind regards,
Conor
kbarnes70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by kbarnes70 »

Conor wrote:Hi Keith,

If you don't mind please send us your database file so that we can try to duplicate the bug using your data. You will find the file in your home folder under ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Database.pediadata. Select it and use the compress command under the file menu to create a zip archive that can be attached to an email.

Kind regards,
Conor
It's on its way via email Conor.

Kind regards,

Keith
sjk
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by sjk »

Conor wrote:The option key works like in iTunes where the entry is deleted from every single collection if not in the library collection, so it can be used to override the confirmation dialog.
Thanks for the explanation. Seems to already work the way I prefer it. :)